terça-feira, 10 de abril de 2018

High School: A Love Story e exercícios

Esse texto e exercícios são parte do livro de Inglês "Team Up: 9º ano" e compreendem as páginas 18 e 19 do livro.

High School: A Love Story
[...]It is the summer before my freshman year of college and Cait and I have been going out for two weeks. I'm driving her home after a day of fun. Using her cute voice, typically reserved for “Good night” or “I miss you,” Cait says, “Mike, I thought you were going to try to be less shy today.”
“What more could I have done?” I ask.
“Well …” she says, her cheeks slowly turning red, “you could have kissed me.”
We pull into the driveway and I walk her to the porch, my breath slow but silent. I try to hide my pounding heart and nervous sweating. Cait is still blushing, afraid she ruined the moment by speaking too soon. I fold my arms around her in a good-bye hug that seems endless.
“Cait.”
She locks eyes with me and smiles. Her lids slowly fall like a curtain after the final encore. My pulse quickens as I tilt my head to the side. There, under the pale yellow lamplight, our lips touch and I experience my first kiss.
MIKE, D. High School: a Love Story. Teen Ink. Disponível em: (http://www.teenink.com/nonfiction/personal_experience/article/153387/High-School-A-Love-Story/)

Tradução:
High School: uma história de amor
É o verão antes do meu primeiro ano de faculdade e Cait e eu estamos saindo há duas semanas. Estou a levando para casa depois de um dia de diversão. Usando sua voz fofa, normalmente reservada para "Boa noite" ou "Sinto sua falta", Cait diz: "Mike, achei que você tentaria ser menos tímido hoje".
"O que mais eu poderia ter feito?" Eu pergunto.
"Bem ..." ela diz, suas bochechas lentamente ficando vermelhas, "você poderia ter me beijado".
Nós entramos na calçada e eu a acompanho até a varanda, minha respiração lenta, mas silenciosa. Eu tento esconder meu coração batendo e suando nervoso. Cait ainda está corando, com medo que ela tenha arruinado o momento falando muito cedo. Eu dobro meus braços ao redor dela em um abraço de adeus que parece interminável.
"Cait"
Ela tranca os olhos e sorri. Suas pálpebras caem lentamente como uma cortina após o encore final. Meu pulso acelera quando eu inclino minha cabeça para o lado. Lá, sob a luz amarela pálida, nossos lábios se tocam e eu sinto meu primeiro beijo.

Exercícios
3. Numere as fotos de acordo com a ordem dos eventos e sentimentos que aparecem na narrativa pessoal da página 18.

                                                                                                        
4. Leia a narrativa pessoal novamente. enquanto lê, imagine que você está na cena, observando. Então discuta as questões abaixo:
a) Were you able to 'visualize' the events and feelings in the narrative?


b) Did it help your undertanding? Why (not)?

5. Ligue as frases tiradas do texto com os emoticons que ilustram eles. Um emoticon será usado duas vezes.
a)"Mike, I thought you were going to try to be less shy today"
b) "...her cheeks slowly turning red..."
c)"I try to hide my pounding heart.."
d)"Cait is still blushing.."


Exercícios adicionais da página 20 do livro de Inglês: "Team Up: 9º Ano"

7. Veja a ilustração que corresponde com o sentimento que melhor representa com que Mike sentiu no fim da narrativa pessoal. Você pode escrever outra resposta, se quiser:
 

8. Leia a letra da música "Love Story" de Taylor Swift. Você acha que a letra apresenta uma narrativa pessoal? Explique sua resposta.
'Love Story' by Taylor Swift
We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes and the flashback starts
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns
See you make your way through the crowd
And say hello
Little did I know
That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you, please, don't go
And I said,
"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all that's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby just say yes
So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew
So close your eyes, escape this town for a little while
'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter
And my daddy said "Stay away from Juliet"
But you were everything to me, I was begging you, please, don't go
And I said Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story baby just say yes
Romeo save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, but it's real
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess
It's a love story, baby just say "Yes"
Oh, oh
I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town
And I said
"Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think"
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said
"Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby just say yes"
Oh, oh
'Cause we were both young when I first saw you.

Compositores: Carl Sigman / Francis Lai
Letra de Love Story © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Video legendado: 

Video original:

Um comentário: